Foodservice Beef? Foodservice Pork? We Have Brands for Both.
You know what you want – quality and consistent products, timely delivery and dependable service.
With Tyson Fresh Meats, meeting those requirements is a given, along with providing best-in-class service and support. As an example of that support, we’ve prepared a helpful overview of our four beef and pork brands that are suitable for foodservice:
ibp Trusted Excellence® Brand.
Culinary-forward products and services
Open Prairie® Natural* Meats.
Quality, back-to-basics beef and pork with claims modern customers search for
Chairman’s Reserve® Meats.
Fresh beef and pork that’s hand-selected for optimal marbling, color and firmness
Star Ranch Angus® Beef.
Tender Angus beef with strict selection criteria for a consistent and flavorful experience
ibp Trusted Excellence Brand
The ibp Trusted Excellence brand is likely our most recognizable brand name. From its founding in 1960 as Iowa Beef Packers, Inc. to its important place in our portfolio, this brand is known for revolutionizing the boxed beef industry with packing and trimming innovations that have saved energy and reduced transportation costs for restaurant meat suppliers by eliminating the need to store and ship fat, bones and trimmings.
- Consistent quality and cutting for fewer returned plates
- Specialized techniques and unique packaging that keep product fresh, preserve color and maximize shelf life
- Beef and pork that’s ready for automated slicing or manual cutting, which can reduce labor and leaves a minimum of trimmings
Beef Product Offerings From ibp Trusted Excellence Brand
- Statement-making options such as bone-in tenderloin and tomahawk steaks
- Further trimmed cuts for improved product consistency
Pork Product Offerings From ibp Trusted Excellence Brand
- Specialty cuts including petite pork rack, frenched pork sparerib and petite porchetta
- Available as pre-portioned or pre-sliced, which can reduce back of house labor costs
While USDA Prime is the highest quality beef, Choice is more consistent in supply and a very high-quality offering
Open Prairie Natural* Meats
The Open Prairie Natural Meats brand provides delicious beef and pork with Never Ever attributes. Patrons who seek out such claims tend to have higher household incomes and are often influencers in the areas of food and health.1
- No antibiotics, added hormones or growth promotants – ever
- Products sourced from responsibly raised animals
- Beef and pork traceable to the animal’s place of origin through the Trusted Path™ Program
- Product claims verified through maintained records, unique identifications, third-party audits and DNA TraceBack technology
- Angus beef available in USDA Prime and Choice quality grades
One-third of consumers specifically look for meat with claims such as U.S.-raised, no added hormones and no antibiotics use.2
Chairman’s Reserve Meats
Chairman’s Reserve Meats is our highest level of quality. The brand also can be a mark of distinction on menus.
- Only national brand offering dual-tier pork and Angus beef
- Hand selected for marbling, color and firmness
Chairman’s Reserve Platinum® Angus Beef Attributes
- USDA upper 1/3 Choice quality grade
- 100% Angus beef
- Moderate marbling score
Chairman’s Reserve Prime Pork Attributes
- Marbling scores between 3-5
- Qualified for Master Chefs’ Seal of Excellence
Chairman’s Reserve Premium Beef Attributes
- Small marbling score
- 100% Angus beef
- Medium or fine marbling texture
Chairman’s Reserve Premium Pork Attributes
- Marbling scores between 2-5
- pH-selected for natural moisture-holding capacity
Star Ranch Angus Beef
Star Ranch Angus beef offers consistent and quality Angus beef that chefs and restaurants can depend on.
- 100% Angus beef
- USDA Choice grade
- “A” maturity, which reflects the age of the animal and ensures that every bite is tender; as cattle mature over months and years, the meat harvested from them becomes tougher3
Beyond Foodservice Beef & Foodservice Pork Brands
Across all our brands is a commitment to delivering unmatched service to our customers. From branded materials for the front of house, to products that can improve back of house efficiency, we offer solutions and support that meet the needs of restaurant meat suppliers and chefs.
Sourced to Stand Out: Chairman’s Reserve Platinum® Angus Beef
Tyson Fresh Meats is expanding its Foodservice. Full service. promise with a new website. It’s a single source for information, inspiration and insights you can use to take your operation to the next level.
1 Mintel, Natural & Organic Food Shopper – US, October 2022
2 Anne-Marie Roerink, Principal, 210 Analytics LLC, The Power of Meat 2022, Report sponsored by Sealed Air Food Care Division/Cryovac® and Published by FMI and the Foundation for Meat & Poultry Research & Education
4 Midan Marketing, Beef Attributes Research Report, September 2022